The PM 860 was manufactured in 1986 the first time. The PM860 was developed in cooperation with the institution for cinematography and film „NIKFI-Instiut“ in Moscow and the RFZ (Rundfunk- und fernsehtechnisches Zentralamt – institution for broadcast and television) in Berlin. There were a few testing groups which helped to optimize the frequency response of that microphone.
In the 90s it was replaced by the current soloist microphone M 900.
The PM 860 reached an amazing sales volume of more than thousand pieces. The microphones were mostly exported in the Eastern European countries which belonges to the „RGW“ (Rat für gegenseitige Wirtschaftshilfe/ Institution for economic assistance).
- A piece of eastern history -
Original retouch from 1986
The microphone was used in different applications and was known as „allrounder“:
- for life broadcasting on stages
- for instrument and chorus recordings
- in broadcast and TV
- in home-studios
- in discoteques
Today you can buy the soloist microphone PM 860 with the same technical features
like the old model. The PM 860 is a transistor microphone with a cardioid pattern
capsule. Compared to the soloist microphone M 900 the PM 860 has a transformer.
Both models have the same ceramic capsule.
- Very modulation-firmly microphone
- Ceramic capsule with a diamter of 24mm which proved a long-time stability over many years
- Capsule produces a very warm and colourless sound
- Elastic capsule suspension to compensate the sensitivity to mechanical impact and structure born noise
- Guarantees a high isolation
- The pop sensitivity is reduced by the huge protection screen
- Output transformer produces the popular sound for the musicians
- 10 dB roll-off and attenuation switch
- with RFI filter
For questions, please use this contact form